Grand River Open Cup Kicks Off In May
This spring and summer 6 Michigan soccer clubs will compete in the inaugural Grand River Open Cup. The competition, named for the river that connects the communities these clubs represent, will feature Midwest Premier League clubs BiH Grand Rapids, Grand Haven Admirals, Lansing Common FC, Tulip City United SC, and West Michigan Bearings will be joined by USL2’s Midwest United in the competition, which is organized by the participating clubs.
Teams have been drawn into two groups of three and will play each team in their group one time. The winners of each group will advance to the final, which will be held in July.
Playing in Group A: BiH Grand Rapids, Lansing Common FC, Tulip City United SC.
Playing in Group B: Grand Haven Admirals, Midwest United, West Michigan Bearings.
The full schedule for group play can be found below. Tickets to each match will be available for purchase from the home team.
Group A Matches (home team listed first)
- BiH Grand Rapids vs. Lansing Common FC – May 14, 7pm
- Tulip City United vs. BiH Grand Rapids – June 15, 7pm
- Lansing Common FC vs Tulip City United – July 1, 7pm
Group B Matches (home team listed first)
- Midwest United vs. West Michigan Bearings – May 12, 8pm
- West Michigan Bearings vs. Grand Haven Admirals – May 25, 7pm
- Grand Haven Admirals vs. Midwest United – June 22, 7:30 pm